Did you hear that? Your kitten is telling you something – though you won’t know what it is until you learn to speak her language. Here are some body language basics:
• Your kitten will “talk” (meow) when she’s lonely, anxious, bored, or otherwise trying to get your attention.
• If she purrs, it usually means your kitten is happy or relaxed.
• When she hisses, it often means she’s angry.
• A relaxed, gently swishing kitty tail signifies pleasure.
• If her tail is lashing from side to side, watch out! This usually indicates anger.
• If her tail is pointing straight up with just the tip turned over, your kitten is content.
• When her ears are pricked forward, she’s likely curious.
• If her ears are flexed back, she’s anxious or afraid.